Your primary care provider (PCP) is the person you turn to when you are sick. He or she provides or coordinates your health care. But your PCP also wants to see you when you are well. Well visits help you and your provider get to know each other. They are also a good time for:
- important screenings and tests
- needed immunizations
- checking on chronic conditions
- monitoring medications you take
- coordinating care given by any specialists you see
- counseling about a healthy lifestyle discussions about mental health, substance use, safety and other topics
- any medications or supplements you take
- any other providers you see, such as specialists or alternative providers
- any tests or treatments you have had
- any mental health or substance abuse treatment you get
As a UnitedHealthcare Community Plan member, well visits are covered at no cost to you. Has it been more than a year since your last well visit? Call your PCP to make an appointment today.
Go to www.BlackDoctorsOhio.com and find a doctor for you and your family!
Attention Medicaid recipients:
Find out about becoming a member of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan